Saturday, February 21, 2009

o'neills

I went out by myself last night, and stumbled upon an Irish bar with a live band playing Lynyrd Skynyrd. A man bought me a drink and told me to have a good night, and there was this feeling, like I was glowing, like I was floating through the whole night. I met two guys, both of whom had absent girlfriends, and we danced in front of the band for hours.

And when the band was done playing, we went to a club and danced more. My feet hurt but somehow it, everything, feels a little bit better. Like I danced something out, let something go. Not everything, not by a long shot. But I'm getting work done, I feel like I'm moving up.

That being said, it still really hurts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ive found that keeping busy is the best thing to do at times like these. dancing-- perfect. the movement, the loud noise, and the men and women who i am sure are admiring your shaking hips and sultry moves are all great distractions and esteem builders... regardless of whatever is going on in life...

but of course its wrong to assume that one dance, one drink, and one night will fix a broken heart, i think you know well that it does not. feel the pain, but feel the change and embrace the happy things that will continue to come your way.

<3

chelsea said...

god,
yes.

Anonymous said...

You spelled Lynyrd Skynyrd wrong. BUSTED