Thursday, April 30, 2009

the end of scotland



I'm on a bus up to St Andrews. I wandered around Edinburgh for the last few hours, not really doing anything, just looking at the city. It's still striking; it still takes my breath away and makes me feel like anything is possible. And I still look for Darren on every corner. I'm excited to get up to St As, to see Fran and Morven, to run into the sea at dawn tomorrow. (Google "May Dip".)

I have a paper to finish, even though I've been working all week. Anglo-Saxon kingship. I met my fiction tutor for the first time yesterday: he's amazing. I am going to write a story a week for the next 8 weeks.
Here's the first one: The Ossuary in Paris

I'm having all these feelings, and I'm not quite sure what to do with all of them. I'm in love, and happy--how ridiculous is that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your writing style.