Wednesday, November 12, 2008

So, I get all of these grand ideas about what I want to write about--school, papers I've written, stories I've started, how my heart continues to misbehave, the best foods to eat while walking around Munich, books I've read lately, but the truth is, the sun goes down at 4:30 here, and by ten, all I want to do is get high and listen to music. The truth is I'd rather be falling asleep in Edinburgh, crushed up on a couch, watching the West Wing, being fed Dairy Milk.

And after all of that complaining, I'm so happy to be back in Scotland, and very little can beat curry and Newcastle Brown in bed while reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, we can see why the most frequent advice in the "here's how to be a writer" books is "First, apply butt to chair." It's harder than it sounds. -RNG