Monday, October 6, 2008

all dream the same

I have tentatively started smoking again, although primarily cigars on Sundays and cigarettes when I'm drunk, which I was last night. I feel like it should be sad, to get drunk by oneself on red wine on a Sunday evening, but it didn't feel sad. Around 3 am I finally got myself out of bed and downstairs to have my cigar, and met two boys from my building! They're the first people I've actually met in my housing who don't live in my flat. We had a nice 3 am chat, them not wearing shoes, me in PJs under a big red coat.

To balance the excess of red wine and cigars and staying up late, I went for a run today, and will hopefully make my way out of bed and to a cafe to do some reading. I'm trying to read a lot to distract myself from the fact that the only time I ever write is when I drink, and even that is just drivel. Yes, I have writers block. Badly. Suggestions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Write about your writer's block.

-Random Note Guy

Anonymous said...

you're in scotland i know there are cobblestones and beaches and awkward social college interactions waiting to be written about